Sunday 13 March 2011

Foundation Portfolio Evaluation Questions Part 2 - Elliot

9. What was your contribution to the process during the planning, production and post-production stages?
In the planning, I directed and storyboarded a section of our film. I also developed some initial ideas on how our film could be effective and creepy (such as the silhouette behind the curtain). I also filmed a part of the initial shoot (which was scrapped due to camera issues). However, due to illness, I couldn't film my part on the re-shoot. This made me feel like I had to make up for being absent. So I took on the job of providing the film's soundtrack and sound-effects. I made the music using Garageband, while also incorporating voices recorded by my fellow team-members. I used music which I feel was suited to the particular situation the film is showing. In the title sequence I originally used a short smooth jazz song, to give a contrapuntal feel to the film, however my teacher thought this was inappropriate. So I decided to replace this with a sinister organ track, as the title sequence shows archive footage from the 1930s/40s, so I fit the soundtrack to sound like a song from a 1930s horror film. The rest of the films' music is standard horror film soundtrack, with emphasis on strings. These are mainly used in the walking scene and also when Jasmine runs away from "herself".

Title Sequence: Organ Music Used
Walking sequence: slow strings used
Running Sequence: Fast strings and heartbeat used.

No comments:

Post a Comment